Optimize Your Site with Image Manager
Images and video are great for attracting customers, but can drastically slow down the site. Transform images and videos at the edge to save bytes, expedite development, and enhance user experience on your site. 10-15 min
Your missionImagine you’re a web developer at SpaceWalk.Tours. Your site has large images and videos promoting your tour services. These are very engaging and attract visitors, but they are causing your pages to load slowly and negatively impacting the user experience. Your development team is spending too much time creating multiple renditions of the content in order to fix the problem. In this mission, you’ll learn how to leverage the Image Manager solution to dynamically optimize images at the edge and improve operational efficiencies.
You’ll learn how to:
- Identify features of Image Manager that improve the user experience.
- Set up the Image Manager entitlement for an existing property.
- Define Image Manager transformation policies.
- Verify transformation results.
Who's this course for?Web developers who want to optimize image delivery and improve operational efficiencies.
What do I need before I start?To complete this mission you'll need:
- Image Manager in your Akamai contract.
- An Akamai API client that includes authentication tokens for both the Image Manager API and Property Manager API with read/write access. Review this mission to get your API credentials.
This course is self-paced. There are no deadlines, and you can come back to review the material at any time.